top of page

The Long Covid Collective

Public·166 members

Hi everyone! This community is so great, I don’t know too many people suffering from long Covid irl, so this platform is a really great way to connect. My story in short, I was a competitive gymnast for 8 years and a highly competitive cheerleader for 3. The end of my third and final year of cheer my routine was the hardest it’s ever been and I had just recovered from Covid. I’d never had any chronic health issues until this moment but I was struggling to make it through my routines. I was weak, my heart would race, I’d get SOB, among a whole laundry list of symptoms. Somehow I made it through the season after constant gaslighting and everyone telling me it fine and it’s just anxiety. ( I was diagnosed with OCD prior.) After countless doctors visits I was finally diagnosed with POTS, now redisgnosed with dysautonomia which falls under the umbrella. Fast forward a few years and I’ve had covid three times and I still struggle to this day with debilitating symptoms. Some days are harder than others. Most of my symptoms are cardiac like and despite going to so many doctors and having so many tests done, I still struggle to trust my doctors and believe I am ok. I currently struggle with severe SOB, chest pain, dizziness, sweating, nausea, and what scares me is jaw and shoulder pain. It’s so strange because I’m only 20 and otherwise healthy, but these symptoms are so in line with a heart attack or serious cardiac issues, that I struggle to believe and accept this might all just be from covid, when all my health issues started. I have had these symptoms for over a year though. I was wondering if anyone else struggles with similar symptoms, particularly the jaw and shoulder pain. Anyways, thanks for reading my story. Keep looking on the bright side, we’re gonna get through this and we will grow from it :)

Enikö Baligács
bottom of page